20160829

ABRA White Park MTB

Kirk Morrison raced the ABRA White Park MTB:

HERE is his story:
-----------------------------


Race Name: ABRA White Park Mtb/USAC WV State Championships
Race Location: White Park, Morgantown, WV
Race Category: Expert Masters 50+
Finish Place: Kirk - 4th



Web Address to Results:
http://www.iplayoutside.com/Events/2016/07/16266r.html

Comments: One of my favorite Mtb races with excellent organization by JR and Gina.

Fun 3.5 mile, multi-lap course with numerous rock and root sections. 95F+ temps and high humidity made for a challenging event.

In spite of my acrobatic crash (over the handlebars and landed on my back without touching my helmet) and subsequent mechanical repairs, the combination of small fields and numerous DNF's rewarded me with a 4th place finish.

Post race activities included a visit to the new Don Knotts statue that was unveiled the morning of the race in downtown Morgantown. 




 
 

Best Regards,
Kirk

No comments: