20090921

Sept 19: Crooked Creek Triathlon

By Mike Maher: Great race for me. ½ mile swim brought me out of the water about mid pack, but knew the bike course would hurt the traditional triathletes in attendance. Once on the bike, I started quickly picking off riders as the terrain went more vertical. By the end of the bike I was in first place with one other guy coming out of T1. One more guy was close behind. The eventual race winner pulled away from me on the first hill. Near the top # 2 caught and passed me. I stayed about 100 yards behind these 2 till about mile 2 when they started testing each other. About a ¼ mile from the end a guy overtook me on the downhill run to the finish. He was flying I was not. So old guy Mike took 4th overall and won my age group for the last tri of the season. Now to relearn how to ride for a couple cross races.

No comments: