20131002

W.Va. TT Championship

Having exerted his Individual Time Trial dominance in Western Pennsylvania, Steve MarleTTe though he would try his hand against our neighbors to the south!

Here is the story, as told by Steve himself in his post-race interview with ALL the big cycling magazines!
-------------

This past Saturday I traveled to Rowlesburg WV for the Appalachian Bicycle Racing Association's  - West Virginia State Time Trial Championships.

Since I did not go to the PA state time trial, because it was so far away (being in the same State and all!), I thought this was a good chance to race in a State TT, even it was someone else's state.

The course was a rolling 15 and ¼ mile course, although it was advertised as a 16 mile TT (they must have shorter miles in WV...?)

The course is slightly downhill going out and slightly uphill coming back. The weather was very pleasant but a little cool (less than 60F) with a light breeze.


I took 1st Place in the Cat 1/2/3/4/5 Masters Category, with a time fast enough for 3rd Place Overall! 

I was really happy with my performance, and WIN, but I couldn’t help but think about the bonus there would have been if I actually lived in WV.....like some road kill, a new fishing lure, or some other local item of value!

Regardless, I was glad to return to Western PA (and civilization) with a win for the team and a bag of race swag!

P.S.
My performance was inspired by X-Ray man.

http://www.usacycling.org/results/?permit=2013-2859

No comments: