20100207

Big Snow Night Ride

20+ inches of snow fell from Friday Noon until Saturday Noon... ...and what better way to enjoy the storm than from the saddle ...at night!
Kirk Morrison, Rich Allen and myself headed out Friday Night around 9:00 pm ...and had the world pretty much to ourselves.
Everything is pretty when covered with fresh powder.
By the time we got home it was after Midnight, with the snow so deep that even the smallest incline brought us to our knees ...'er, rather ...to our feet!!!
One advantage of the snow was that no kick stands were necessary to park our bikes!
The rest of the weekend was spent shoveling ...the driveway...the sidewalks ...the roof ...the deck ...and the little paths through the yard so the dogs to go "out" ...!!!
I am so sore I can hardly move : (

2 comments:

Briercheck said...

And here I thought I was some kind of hero because I showed up at a cross race in the fall and got a littl muddy! Aye Carumba you boys take it to a new level!!!!!

Henry Dimmick said...

A "little" muddy? That (race) was ALOT muddy :)