20140506

Yellow Creek MTB

....Story by Kirk Morrison:

Yellow Creek Grassroots Racing MTB
Yellow Creek State Park, PA

Race Category: Expert, 18 miles (around the lake)

Finish Place: 12th Place

Web Address to Results: http://www.rideyc.com/news/march2014results 

Race Review (from the organizers website): “Overcast, cloudy, low 40’s. Trails were mostly dry. Some wet sections but nothing hindering.”

Comments: Challenging but fun race. Unfortunately, the results were affected by a hard crash up ahead of me resulting in a racer being knocked unconscious in a tough, downhill rock garden section.

Also, I had some mechanical issues with a persistent “knocking” from the rear of my bike. My post race inspection revealed a “missing” bolt from the rear suspension linkage. Problem fixed with a quick stop at Pro Bikes Monroeville on my way home from this race.

No comments: