20080414

Best Race Ever!


Yesterday was the most fun race that I've ever been a part of. It was the Harris-Roubaix just outside of Harrisonburg, VA. We started with an 8 mile parade type ride from downtown Harrisonburg to the race course. Then the actual race consisted of 3 fifteen mile circuits. Each circuit had 5 miles of paved road and 10 miles of gravel. The field was extremely varied and there was no category separation. We had a few pros, including at least one that just returned from the tour of CA, some Cat.-2s, and even some people who were even slower than I am. It was a great and jarring ride. By the end my seat had slipped and was now slanted back and my water bottle cages had been shaken loose. Then afterward everyone met and sat around a bonfire for laughs and to refuel. A great time was had by all (I think). It was a super hard day but very worthwhile and I look forward to doing it again next year.
More pics HERE

1 comment:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

sounds like a cool event.