20110406

PICC Spring Series

Dave Shaffer traveled to Erie to compete in the Presque Isle Cycling Club (PICC) Spring Training Series Races.

Riding in the A-Race, Dave finished in 8th Place

Here is Dave's Story, typed in "The Hard Way", using his smart phone!
-----------------
2 big teams of at least 6-7 riders a piece,they both pretty much controlled the race,

early on about 7 guys got away,chased them down pretty much on my own,then 2 guys from the same team went off,wasn't worried about that,pretty stiff head wind on the tough part of course

last lap the 2 guys were in striking distance, out of 2nd turn into false flat head wind section, the big attack came I was going up the out side when a guy came over we got together I went off the road got back on the road

6 guys opened up a gap I got back in chase group composed myself and attacked was closing gap,but with the 2 teams controlling the race I was on my own,no help,came round last turn and tried to close the gap,ran out of time 1 more guy got around me settled for 8th.

3 pts,think I got the points prime also

good race great course,wish for warmer weather.

No comments: