20100603

ACA Tuesday Criterium

Ag3r Team Sponsor and FoxVelo Club Member Kirk Morrison attended his first Allegheny Cycling Association Tuesday Night Criterium.

Here is the story in Kirk's words!
-------------
Survived my first crit unscathed in a full field of 35 riders. 

After again making the mistake of not getting a proper warmup (at least 40 minutes ..... Ugh!), I had trouble staying with the pack at the start and got dropped.

After chasing for about 8 laps (my actual warm-up) I took Steevo's advice to sit up and wait for the pack to rejoin the action. Turned out to be good advice since I had no problem working in the pack for the final 20 laps (on my 2nd try !). I was even able to accelerate towards the front on a few primes (the homemade cookies were very motivating).

I was surprised at how exhilarating it was to head into those turns at 30 mph in a pack of 35 riders. Great fun.  Ended up with an avg speed of 25 mph (even after being lapped).  Glad I went.

No comments: